Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10, 2010

It's the boy's last night of freedom.  School starts tomorrow.  Ranger is really, really bummed out.  Maverick is anxious to see his friends.  I cut Joe, Ranger, and Maverick's hair today.  Maverick's ended up... um... rather short.  He's ok with it, though.


Ranger helped me maked me strawberry-blueberry freezer jam today.  We ended up with 5 pints.  I was given some peaches a few weeks ago and made peach and peach-blueberry freezer jam.  I made 7 pints of dill pickles yesterday.  I've got enough peppers to make close to 50 half pints of mustard relish, but can't bring myself to can when it's this hot.


Tomorrow is Ranger's 11th birthday.  I can't believe he'll be 11.  He's mad his birthday is on the first day of school.  We're planning a party on Friday night for a few of his friends.


I found a few of these guys munching on the dill and had to do some digging to find out what they were.  They are swallowtail caterpillars!  There were almost 15 of them.  Unfortunately I smooooooshed most of them before I found out what they were.  :-(



No comments: