Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 21, 2010

I've been sharing my cucumbers with the lady next door and in return she's keeping me in red tomatoes until mine come in.  After the rain we had today, I'm guessing everything in the garden will start rolling in.

Here's a few pictures of my hard work....




Spaghetti sauce and mustard sauce.


Pulled this little guy today.  It's one that I got from mom.  Someone told me to cut off the green to eat and replant the bulb. 


Saw this little bugger on my green beans.  It looks like something has laid some eggs on it.





Ranger and Maverick don't like it when I can the mustard sauce.  They say it stinks!  The spaghetti sauce turned out great.  Unfortunately it is a TON of work.  Just to give you an idea...
Boil tomatoes, drop in boiling water, peel.  Chop, put in blender until smooth.  Mix up ingredients to taste and cook down.  Put in hot jars and top with hot lids and rings.  Makes 5 pints.... only 5!!  Process in the canner for 40 minutes.

I sure hope after the rain we had this morning I have more tomatoes!

2 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

You have been a busy gal! I have never heard of canning mustard sauce. Can you share the recipe and how you use it? Not that "I" will use it but would send to family and friends.:)

floweringmama said...

Sure... I'll do a separate post for you!