Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reid's Apple Fest

Chainsaw carving




Chainsaw carving fawn




Handcarved ducks




Miniature reindeer




Solar lights atop upside down painted pots




Ranger on the bungee




Ranger and Maverick




Maverick on the giant slide




Ranger holding the cottontail in the 4-H tent




Maverick holding the cottontail




Maverick won this throwing darts




Lord Malcom from the Society for Creative Anachronism
This group put on an amazing show of medieval battles




Maverick on the giant slide again




We had a wonderful time today at Reid's apple fest.  The crowd was amazing, the vendors were incredible, and the food smelled great.  The pork chop sandwich was one I wanted to try, but I didn't want to stand in that long, long, long line.

7 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I travel far and wide to attend this type of event. I like craft fairs also, saves having to cook when the church ladies do it for you.Great post.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Georgia has an Apple Fest this weekend and sniff...sniff....I can't go.
I adore the chainsaw caving. Aren't those amazing?
Cool shots of the festival!
Thanks for your concern and support during my illness. I am feeling better but still have a wicked cough. If I want a smoke I will talk to you first.:-D)

Dawn said...

Looks like a ton of fun...and some pretty neat talent there!
:)

Anonymous said...

Those are some amazing carvings.

Whitetail Woods Blog / Deer Hunting and Blackpowder Shooting at it’s best.

Jane said...

This looks like a lot of fun. Love the wood carvings!

Jane

Corner Gardener Sue said...

It looks like a fun day was had by all. Those wood carvings are pretty cool. We have a neighbor a block away who does that. He's made a lot of eagles, bears, and an assortment of other things. We've gotten used to the sound of the chainsaws. I've told him one of these days, I want to do a post about him and his creations, but I seem to be behind in everything I do.

Thanks for your comment on my GBBD post and for following my blog.

Fencing Contractors San Bernardino said...

Hello matte nice post