Thursday, January 20, 2011

A variety of pictures on a snowy day



Every week night at 7 pm, the boys have reading time for 30 minutes.  After that we practice multiplication/division/math definitions for 30 minutes.  At 7:30 last night I went to tell the boys it was math time and this is what I found . . .




What a great way to go to sleep.  Dreaming the dreams that little boys dream.




School was cancelled this morning hours before the snow actually started.  I stepped out to snap a few pictures





When hubby discovered his truck wouldn't start.  He just put a new battery one it about 2 weeks ago. 





Last season's buck

This season's buck





I've learned that even though things may not always turn out the way I want, they turn out the way they should. 


8 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Cathy, Our snow is not here yet... I'm not totally sure we will get some. The forecasters keep changing their minds... ha...

Looks like the boys worked so hard on their reading that they were just 'tuckered out'... ha ha ... OH how I remember those pictures , when I was raising my sons.

Sorry about the battery problem. That is so frustrating...

Great pictures of your bucks... Think he'll get another one in 2011???? Hope so.

Stay SAFE in the snow.
Hugs,
Betsy

Out on the prairie said...

I like your final thought.It is hard to think school on a day off.

Alex Ong said...

We can't always put conditions or expectations on outcomes because in the end things will turn out the way they're supposed to. I'm learning that myself.

Alex
Breakfast Every Hour

Jules said...

Is that a horse? You did not mention you had a horse :)

I think someone told me this week, "He never gives us what we cannot handle."

Thank you SO much for the kind words and support this week.

Stay safe and warm my friend.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

floweringmama said...

Betsy,
I sure hope he gets another buck. Both freezers have deer meat and we've had deer roast and deer stew this week.

Alex, I do believe things happen for a reason. We may not always understand the reason, but we aren't always supposed to.

Jules, it's my neighbor's horse. We just have the two lap dogs. I wish with all my heart we had a little farm. Maybe one day!

KrippledWarrior said...

great shots. especially the truck in the snow with the hood up and jumper cables on the fender. Reminds me of why I live in SoCal.

Corine Moore said...

I love that last quote! ...so true! :D

jeanlivingsimple said...

Cathy, I LOVE your photos, quote, and new look~~!
Hugs!!!