Monday, May 2, 2011

If hail falls in the country and noone is around to hear it . . .

It can still do massive damage!

Although these were no larger than a quarter in diameter, the sound of it hitting the house, porch, and vehicles was simply incredible.  Just unreal. 

I think it's pretty unique that some were solid white and others were clear.

We had hail damage to the vehicles



If you click on this to enlarge you can see the tiny little green flowers that had just broken through.  There are large holes still in the dirt where the hail it.

If the worst we have is hail damage, then we are very fortunate.  Prayers to those whose lives have been devastated by the spring weather. 



On another note, I only have ONE FINAL LEFT and I'll be done for a few weeks - til summer.  I have to admit I was extremely disappointed in the class choices that were offered online at the community college.  The school has a rule that your final 32 hours must be taken on the home campus, but I submitted a request to take 6 elsewhere this summer because it is about $800 cheaper.  I'll be taking introduction to law enforcement (I can just imagine a bunch of Barney Fife's) and terrorism and political violence.  I'm guessing this one will be the most interesting.

The boys will be out on June 2nd and on June 6th, my friend Peggy is flying in from Texas to stay with us for a few days.  I am so excited!  I haven't seen her in over 4 years!


8 comments:

Nancy said...

I hate the sound of hail coming down, knowing something is getting damaged. Sorry about your vehicles and plants. But, like you said, things can be replaced, people can't.

Glad you all are ok.

Leontien said...

Good luck on your LAST FINAL!

and my gosh yes that hail is huge!

happy that you are fine!
Leontien

Sunny said...

We saw some hail in our area also a couple days ago, but only dime size at the largest. The largest I had ever seen was in PA in '85 and it was the size of golf balls. Had to have some roof repair....
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. We have been dealing with health issues lately and so haven't been on as much. Glad for you to be done with another year of school. I love it when ppl have the drive to do something with their lives :) Sounds like your upcoming courses will be very interesting!

Out on the prairie said...

The hail was funner as kids. I was in NE and a trooper pulled me over in a hail storm, for my safety.A twister touched down just 2 miles away while we sat.

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Wow, all that hail. Much of the country has really been pelted this spring. He have had a little, but not much - no damage.

Nicki said...

Wow! I am so sorry for the damage the hail caused! I love and hate hail! It is soooo cool but it is so damaging and hurts like hell when you get caught in it! I am with you though...thank God it wasn't worse. It certainly could have been. Congrats on being so close to completing your degree!!! Last semester of senior year is definitely enough to many anyone want to pull all their hair out and kill anyone in arms reach but you are soooo close!! Wahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules said...

Dang, how did I miss this? I sure hope the damage was minimal and yes it is an awful sound!

As to the class selection "Beginning Law Enforcement?" Wish I had taken the class before I worked at a prison (LOL)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I hope your little plants recovered from the hail damage. That was quite thick.

Have fun with your next classes!