Good morning! Actually it's a tired morning here. I got zero sleep last night. Zero. And I have work study at 8, class at 9, and another class at 1. I'm seriously contemplating taking a blanket for a nap in the car between classes.
So, last night in my insomnia induced haze I thought this would be a good topic for a blog. A few things a mom should teach her son(s).
1. Young men should be taught to remember Mother's day and birthdays. In that order.
2. They should be taught how to separate laundry and operate the washer and dryer.
3. They should learn to bake cookies.
4. Young men should be taught to cook. Now, this may be as simple as a grilled cheese or not. Up to you.
5. They should understand that they do NOT hit girls. Ever.
6. As much as we don't want our children to fight, they will. They should learn when to walk away and when to fight for what they believe in.
7. Mistakes - let them learn from them.
8. They should be taught that Gorilla Glue and duct tape really can save the world.
9. Honesty - there are no versions of the truth. Learn this early.
10. And finally, young men should be taught the meaning of the word respect and what it means to respect another human being.
11. And thanks to Mal for reminding me of this one .... You are your brothers's keeper, best friend, and historian.