Thursday, November 17, 2011

One of those days

What do you do to get out of "a funk" as my mama used to call it.  I am in a funk and I attribute part of it to a bad case of senior-itis.  3 weeks and finals and I will officially have my Bachelor's of Science in Psychology.  There is a tremendous amount of anxiety that comes with graduating, for me anyway.  The application process for graduate school is enough to make a saint raise his hands to the sky and curse.

Should I go to grad school?  Should I not and jump right into the nearly nonexistent job market in this town?  More school, more student loans . . .

Blehhh


Lots of decisions to be made and anxiety about making them is really stressing me out.

6 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I sympathise. The only way I can make decisions is to imagine if I'm suddenly told I CAN'T do one of the options - which one makes me feel more disappointed. Sort of turning it on its head. Good luck!

Dawn said...

Ugh...decisions decisions! I actually do the exact same thing Jenny does! See what it feels like when you imagine yourself in each one....

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow Cathy - didn't realize you were working on your BS....good for you. Grad school or not, huh? Arghhh...I'm horrible at decisions (you don't want to know how I ended up in law school...) - so I'll just leave it at best of luck in your decision-making process.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Cathy, It's great to hear from you. Congrats on getting your Bachelor's degree. That is awesome....

Good Luck on your decisions about whether to get a job now--or go back to school. What a decision!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
molly b. said...

Pray the funk away Cathy Jane! God will take care of you!